Monday, May 9, 2016

Perchance to be ripped apart

Lincoln, Nebraska is a small city. I arrived at my motel, down the street from the local penitentiary, and then went in search of a local brewery Ploughshare.  I was the only customer, and as the outside thunderstorms started up, I had a lengthy discussion with the bartender about everything.

As I arrived back at the motel, I heard the local tornado siren.  Not knowing what else to do, I checked with the desk and the proprietor invited me into the laundry room.  Not yet.

Back at the motel room, I checked with the local news, and it said "Expected hazards - tornados and hail up to 3 inches in diameter."  So I went to hide in the customer laundry and met a nice family that had been on the road when the siren went off.  Mom, Dad, little boy, baby and dog.  We traded tornado stories and escaped unscathed.

So far.


No comments:

Post a Comment